Monday, September 15, 2008

An Open Letter to Ruby Tuesday

Dear Ruby Tuesday,

It was a few months ago when we ordered takeout from one of your restaurants and were dissatisfied. We'd ordered your Strawberries and Ice Cream dessert only to come home to find that the strawberries and sauce weren't in our bag. That left us with a dry pastry and a scoop of ice cream for $4.99.

I called the store to complain and they told me they would send me a gift card to make up for it. Your employee put me on hold while she "found a piece of paper." I gave her my address and began waiting for a gift card that never came.

Last night my husband and I were hungry enough that we decided to forgive you for your poor service, so we ordered more takeout. Here is what was wrong with our order:

1. Your employees left an entire entree out of the bag. My husband had to go back to the restaurant to get his food. Your staff was kind enough to remove the price of the entree from the check, but I know he would rather have just paid for the hamburger than have to make two trips to get it. Takeout is supposed to be easy and convenient.

2. We ordered two of your Chocolate Tallcakes. Neither of them came with the chocolate and caramel sauce listed in the description in the menu. The cakes were good, but not what we had ordered.

3. My entree came with a salad. I was taking my last bites of the salad when I found a giant CHUNK OF WOOD in the box. I repeat: I found an inch-long, jagged chunk of wood in my salad.

This chunk of wood:


I would like to let you know that this has pushed me over the edge. I will no longer be purchasing food from you. Bad service and inattention to detail, not to mention the wood from an unknown source I found in my food, has ensured that my family and I will no longer be your customers.

Sincerely,
Stimey

cc: Ruby Tuesday Support Center
150 W. Church Ave.
Maryville, TN 37801

Honesty Clause: After receiving this letter, Ruby Tuesday contacted me and subsequently sent me some gift cards.

4 comments:

m said...

Ewwwww. They're lucky you're not threatening to sue them. (Esp. when you have Lawyer Boy in the house.)

Innocent Observer said...

But they gave you the wood for FREE! Doesn't that count for anything?

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

Oh! Gift cards are so useful for a restaurant your probably never want to go to again!

CVS once gave me the wrong medicine for one of my kids, who took it for 6 days, getting sicker and sicker, until I noticed. Their response to my letter? $20 off my next prescription. Gee, thanks. Too bad I can't use it at TARGET which is where we get our medicine now.

Love this blog, btw! I haven't visited before!

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

Oh and ps... I once wrote a letter to Costco because I found a weird looking piece of plastic in a bag of trail mix (that I actually bit into)... a few days after I sent the letter, I saw another identical piece of plastic in my family room. Further investigation revealed it was the cuff of a Playmobil pirate. So I'm pretty sure that somehow my own kids tried to kill me (or break my tooth anyway) with the plastic. Ooops.