Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste

My complaint about this toothpaste is not so much with the actual toothpaste, but more with the tube. I have been a Crest toothpaste user for years upon years.

I do remember using Aim when I was a kid, but I don't think I have ever bought a brand of toothpaste other than Crest as an adult.

Last time we were at Costco, we bought a four-pack of Crest Pro-Health toothpaste.

This is possibly the worst designed cap that could possibly ever have been created. Unless the goal of the toothpaste manufacturer was to create a giant puddle of grainy turquoise toothpaste on my bath counter. If that was the goal, then Mission Accomplished!!

No matter if you put the tube on its top or on its side, toothpaste will leak out everywhere. We had it on its side for a while and it did not stop leaking. It was absolutely disgusting. We have to very carefully place it with its cap facing up to prevent it from getting all over.

In fact, just to take these photos, which meant I opened and closed the tube once, I got goo all over my hand.


And lucky me, I still have three tubes left.

Then, after I started looking up the toothpaste to write this review, I found that many people have complained that this toothpaste actually turns their teeth brown.

And lucky me, I still have three tubes left.

And there are lots more reviews that reference "slime" and skin irritation and other horribleness.

And lucky me, I still have three tubes left.

I may throw it away and go shopping for some Aim.

Depending where you buy it, Crest Pro-Health toothpaste retails for $2.99 to $4.29 a tube.

17 comments:

De in D.C. said...

For a consumable product, it sounds like that lid is totally achieving their goal of making you buy more More MORE!

(Who said it had to be more of their shitty product though?)

Tech Savvy Mama said...

Thanks so much for the heads up about the annoying Crest. Why does a cap need to be so huge anyways? I think I'll stick to Colgate!

Heather said...

M. has reported a similar problem.

Smiling Mama said...

All I have to say is Arm & Hammer Dental Care toothpaste is THE BEST. Seriously, that and Jif peanut butter are the two things I will never compromise on!

whymommy said...

Oh, how weird. Y'know, I haven't noticed the cap problem ... have you called crest to complain?

Might work...

Anonymous said...

SO true. I didn't know what was going on so I actually had to google to see if anyone else experienced the same, and sure enough, you have. The toothpaste was leaking everywhere! It's defective. My sink is a mess. I'll probably lose at least 10% through leakage. What a ripoff!!! I'm a Colgate fan, but my mom decided to buy Crest since it was on sale. What a mistake.

Melissa said...

This is very interesting as my dentist recently recommended this toothpaste to me...

Brimful Curiosities said...

I've always used Crest but have avoided the pro-health kind. Thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous said...

I called Crest (see phone number on the tube) and they send me 4 free coupons for any Crest tooth paste.

Yoyoy said...

Wow, I also bought the Crest 4-pack at Costco and had the same problem! I thought maybe just one tube was defective, so I opened another -- same thing. It's exuding slime all over my bathroom counter, sink, etc.

Anonymous said...

Great toothpaste, but no doubt about it. I think I just bought my last bottle; leaks all over my cabinet, no matter what.

Anonymous said...

I agree - the design of this tube is horrible. I have to find a way to make it stand up so it's not leaking all over the place. I won't be buying this anymore.

Anonymous said...

This toothpaste is made in china. Surprise!

pasty said...

It's 2015, and Crest Pro Health is still leaking all over the place. My sink looks like a disaster right now.

Erica Hendricks said...

2016.same problem. Actually unacceptable that this has been going on for so long

Anonymous said...

I have tried everything that I can and the tube still leaks. What a waste of my hard earn money! I am very disappointed!! I have never had this problem before!!! Why is this product made in China?? Maybe they should buy it. I will never buy crest again. Cannot believe that this has been a problem for this long and a nothing is being address about this!!
Don' waste your money!!

Anonymous said...

Waste of your money Don't buy this product unless you enjoy cleaning up the mess from leaking toothpaste!