Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sylvania PalPODzzz

I have a love/hate relationship with nightlights. Mainly I would LOVE to have a nightlight for my kids' room, but I have HATED every single nightlight I've ever tried.

I've tried cutesy nightlights that either break immediately or the lightbulb burns out quickly and I can't be bothered to replace it.

Or I don't get that far. If it's easy to get to the bulb to replace it, my children will dismantle it immediately.

I've tried "lifetime" nightlights that are supposed to never burn out. They've all burned out in the first week.

Really, my family and I are a menace to nightlights.

I'd pretty much given up on the nightlight until the Parent Bloggers Network sent me a Sylvania PalPODzzz to try out. Sylvania has a ladybug version in addition to the rocket ship they sent me.

I have to say, I love this nightlight. I love this nightlight a lot. And I'm really not just saying that.

The PalPODzzz plugs into the wall via a cord and the rocket ship can come out of its base, which acts as a charger. And when your kid takes the rocket ship out, it becomes a flashlight.


And this flashlight won't run out of batteries because the base is a charger. (There is a button to turn it off, though.) When fully charged, the flashlight will run for five hours.

When the nightlight is in a lit room, it doesn't light up, but when it gets dark, it automatically lights up. Also, if there is a power outage, it automatically lights up. I love that!

Even better, my kids love it. My five-year-old is a space fanatic and I regularly find him sleeping with the flashlight. And because it's not running on batteries, it doesn't bother me. I just pop it back on its charger and wait for it to charge back up.

My kids have been known in the past to not take very good care of things. But because this has a very clear home and it's fun and easy to take the rocket off and put it back on, they actually put it away when they're done with it. (Unless they fall asleep with it.)

In fact, it disappeared one night, which upset me to no end. But the next morning the rocket had been returned to its charger. I don't know how, I don't know who; all I know is that it was a kid who found it and put it away. Awesome.

If you're looking for a nightlight or a flashlight or something to comfort your child in case of a power outage, I wholeheartedly recommend the Sylvania PalPODzzz.

PalPODzzz retail for $19.99 each.

3 comments:

Mama Echo said...

Okay, now that is really cool!!

whymommy said...

I like it too. Nice writeup!

Chris said...

Perhaps I may have bad luck with the PalPODzzz (lady bug)...I already burned out 2 units that I bought/returned to HomeDepot. My daughter really loves it, but I'm not sure if we're the only one having this issue.