Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Fragrance Collection by Glade

I'm very sensitive to smells, so I don't often purchase things like scented candles. But I also have a home with three children (boys!), two cats (and their litter box), and a dog (with long fur), plus a husband (with...smells).

So my house sometimes needs to smell a little, how you say, fresher.

On what seems to be an unrelated topic, but is actually not, at some point I tweeted about something good that happened to my son Jack. The people behind The Fragrance Collection by Glade, who follow me on twitter, tweeted back that they would like to congratulate me on Jack's accomplishment by sending me a candle.

Nice, huh?

I've seen them doing the same thing to other twitter users as well.

Clever, huh?

They didn't ask for anything in return, but I thought I would go ahead and post my thoughts on the candle because they were nice enough to send it. In an extremely lovely box, by the way.

They sent me their currants & acai candle. I overlooked my bias against acai (which is solely based on the sheer multitude of spam I receive about it) and took a sniff. The candle itself had a strong smell, but a good one. Once lit, the smell it gave out was not overwhelming, which is saying something considering my sensitivity to smell and the fact that it was sitting about three or four inches away from me on my desk.

I have to say that I liked this candle enough that if I ever do find myself in a grocery store looking for a scented candle, I'll probably buy this brand. They also offer other scents, including mcintosh apple, sheer white cotton, earthly awakening, lotus bamboo, and orange vanilla (which sounds kind of delicious).

Thanks for the candle, Glade! And nice job with the marketing.

1 comments:

Tech Savvy Mama said...

They sent me the same one and I love it! BTW- There's a coupon for $4 off in this week's coupons and I'm totally clipping it and taking it with me to get the white cotton or earthly awakenings scents to defunk my house!