Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ring-O Flamingo by Gamewright

"Do you want to hear what time it is? Flinging time!"

So said my son as we started our eighth game in a row of Ring-O Flamingo by Gamewright, henceforth known as The Greatest Game Ever Invented.

This game was ridiculously silly fun. Each player gets 12 rings and uses a launchpad to flip rings onto the playing board. The goal is to drop rings around the flamingos without getting any on the alligators.


It is such a simple concept, but so fun. It is intended for players ages six and up, but I bet a younger kid could give it a try too. Frankly, they couldn't have done more poorly than I did. Both my six- and seven-year-olds scored many points before I was able to flip a ring over any of the targets. And even then, my first ringer was an alligator. Oh no! Minus 2 points!

Of course, I also exacted revenge by flipping rings at my opponents instead of the board. My far more mature children only aimed at the targets. Maybe that's why they scored more points than I did.


This game was a lot of fun. The flamingos and alligators are adorable and the rings are made out of sturdy plastic. Even vigorous bending by the six-year-old didn't result in any permanent damage.

I've played a few Gamewright games by now and I have to say that I think they are incredible. They are made from quality materials and are adorable, hilarious, and a lot of fun. As I look through their product line, I see lots of games that I covet. I've been a big believer in Cranium games for a long time, but I think that Gamewright definitely rivals them for fun, ease, and entertainment.

Plus, many of Gamewright's toys teach skills. Ring-O Flamingo The Greatest Game Ever Invented teaches hand-eye coordination, sorting, and adding and subtracting.


This game is all kinds up fun. Each game is short, but it doesn't get boring replaying it. Older kids could even play a series of games with the winner being the first to 50 points, thus teaching them how to add bigger numbers.

Honesty Clause: I received a review copy of Ring-O Flamingo at no charge. It retails for $25.99.