Thursday, June 11, 2009

Weight Watchers Entertaining Ideas (& More!)

You may have noticed that I review a fair amount of Weight Watchers-related goods here at Things and Stuff Reviews. This is partly because their lovely PR people are willing to send me review samples to test. But it is also because I think that Weight Watchers is truly a quality organization that does a lot of good for a lot of people.

I have struggled with my weight for a long time. I've written about it elsewhere, so I won't bore you with that here, but suffice it to say that the times that I have been successful at losing weight, it has been because of Weight Watchers. With that in mind, I recently rejoined a meeting and have been attending meetings and following the program. I look forward to the time when I will be able to write about reaching my goal weight. It's going to happen. It will take a while, but it's going to happen.

One of the (many) challenges of a weight-loss regimen is entertaining dinner guests. Finding dinner company-ready foods and dishes that won't break your (or your guests') healthy diet can be tough. Weight Watchers teamed up with lifestyle expert Susie Coelho, who produced a video about how to use Weight Watchers foods in an elegant way.


I've chosen to join Weight Watchers and attend meetings because that is what helps me lose weight. Evidently I operate well with the added stresses of peer pressure. But if you're looking for some tools to help you without joining, here are some options.

Weight Watchers has a Facebook group you can join. I'm not on Facebook, so I honestly can't tell you anything about it, but I thought I would toss the information out there.

They also have a snack widget that can offer lighter suggestions for the fatty foods you really want to eat.





I'd love to hear if you have any good ideas for being successful with Weight Watchers. I'm currently using their eTools that let me track my meals online. Plus, they tell me that they're coming out with an iPhone app soon that will let me do it on my phone. However, they do have options for tracking on smartphones. The Weight Watchers website has forums, meal ideas, and nutrition information that is extremely valuable if you are trying to lose weight. Much of it is for members only, but if you are serious about losing weight, I think the membership fee is well worth it.

Honesty Clause: Most recently I was sent a box of Weight Watchers lemon cakes for review. I joined Weight Watchers by myself and for myself. I pay my monthly pass fee out of my own pocket.