Monday, July 27, 2009

Nature's Baby Organics at Target

Who doesn't love a delicious smelling bubble bath? My kids certainly do. They adore playing in bubbles while they clean themselves in the bath. This was definitely true with Nature's Baby Organics Tangy Tangerine Bubble Bath.

I love to support mom-run businesses, but to be honest, it is rare that I am going to do something like buy bubble bath online when it is readily available in bulk at a store like Target. Well, this product gives me the opportunity to support a mom and her business by buying her product at Target.

Adena Surabian is the president of Nature's Baby Organic, and also the mom to two kids. She developed her products when her oldest daughter had allergies to chemicals, perfumes, and dyes and her younger daughter had eczema. And now Target is giving four of her products a trial run in their stores.

The four products are Shampoo & Body Washes, one in Vanilla Tangerine and one in Lavender Chamomile; Fragrance Free Face and Body Moisturizer; and the Tangy Tangerine Bubble Bath I tried. (They have 22 other products available on the Nature's Baby website and several on the Target website.)

So what about the bubble bath? Well, my kids were delighted. Adena told me that that bubbles are sensitive so the bathtub has to be clean and free of residue for maximum bubbles. But I didn't bother to clean it (because I really don't like to clean bathtubs), and I still got a satisfactory amount of bubbles.


My oldest walked in when the bath was already running and was thrilled. "Hey! Where'd you get the bubbles?" he asked. When I asked if he liked it, he enthusiastically said, "It smells good!" (And it does.)

Plus, it makes great beards.


Another nice thing about this product is that it is made with more than 70% certified organic ingredients. It is 100% vegan and paraben- and gluten-free. It's a good product. (Although it is more expensive than bigger brands. The price is similar to some of the fancier bubble baths.)

So. If you buy bubble bath, you think your kids might like a light citrusy bath, you're willing to spend a few extra bucks to help a mompreneur out, and you shop at one of the Target stores on this list of stores that is stocking Nature's Baby products, why not pick up Nature's Baby instead of one of the giant established brands? These products are on the shelf as a test, and I personally hope she sells enough to stay there.

Honesty Clause: Adena sent me a bottle of the bubble bath to try for free. Target sells the bubble bath for $12.99.

1 comments:

Tech Savvy Mama said...

This sounds yummy and I can see it makes great bubbles! I'll get some the next time I go to Target. Thanks for your recommendation!