Friday, July 17, 2009

Weight Watchers Sandwich Ideas, plus Ice Cream!

We all know that I'm a big fan of Weight Watchers and their foods. They recently asked me to review their bread and cheese products and to tell you about what kinds of sandwiches I would make with them.

They have a complete line of breads, including multi-grain, whole wheat, English muffins, and pita pockets to make sandwiches with. Their cheese selection is fun too, and includes string cheese, swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, and pepper jack cheese.

I've tried the string cheese before so I decided to try some of the slices. I wanted to try out the pepper jack cheese, but have been unable to find it in my grocery store. So I ended up buying the cheddar cheese slices and some wheat bread. I also got some lean roast beef slices for my sandwich.


If you're familiar with the Weight Watchers point system, you'll be pleased to hear that two (2!) slices of bread is only one point. For comparison purposes, the bread in my kitchen is two points for one slice. So for bread that tastes just as good (but is smaller), I can start my sandwich with only one point instead of four.

Each slice of cheese is one point so I used two. I added six slices of my roast beef for one point, some tomato, some light mayo and the tablespoon of butter I put on the outside of the bread so I could grill it to buttery crispness.

My whole sandwich was six points. And it was delicious.


You can find some more bread recipes on the Weight Watchers website.

That said, by far my favorite Weight Watchers food is their ice cream. They have an article up on their website with tips for not overindulging on ice cream. Number one tip? Never eat ice cream straight from the tub.

Well, that wrecks all my fun, but it's a good tip.

They also have a giveaway for a free ice cream prize pack up on their Facebook page. The giveaway runs through July 31, so head over there and sign up!

Honesty Clause: Weight Watchers sent me a coupon for a free bread product and a free cheese product to try them out at no charge.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love WW and the meetings. An Ice Cream STORE that is WW friendly<in moderation, Is Skinny Cow.One goes in nd chooses flavor and puts amt. they wish to have in the cup.They also have a lot of extras to add to your cup IF you wish :) If they are anywhere near you give them a try.