Friday, September 4, 2009

CLEANpHIRST Aloe Up Hand Sanitizer

Let me tell you a little something about my son Jack. He loves hand sanitizer. Loves it. There has been many a time when I have caught him pumping fistfuls of it into his little hands. He uses so much that it drips off of him. The other day he told me that he put some in his hair.

Now, I know that handwashing is important. And when you can't be around a sink, hand sanitizer is a great option. But I don't love all the alcohol and mess that comes with traditional sanitizers.

I recently tried CLEANpHIRST Aloe Up Alcohol-Free Foam Hand Sanitizer and I was really happy with it. First, there's the practical—foam means less mess. But there are other good things about it too.

It is alcohol-free, which means it is less potentially dangerous, not to mention less drying and less irritating to your skin. I also like that it seems to be unscented.

The company website says that this sanitizer protects for 30 minutes after application, as opposed to alcohol-based sanitizers that stop working after ten seconds. They say it is 99.999% effective at killing common and dangerous microbes.

They say that it contains 125 applications in each pump bottle, and based on how a small amount covers my whole hands, I believe it.

I can't vouch for how this scientifically compares to gel versions of sanitizer, because I really don't know the science behind it. But I do know that, given a choice, I would definitely choose this over an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

CLEANpHIRST also makes carpet cleaner, laundry detergent, and other cleaning supplies.

Honesty Clause: I received a review sample of the hand sanitizer. You can purchase a 3-pack for $18 on the CLEANpHIRST website.