Sunday, September 27, 2009

LeapFrog: Let's Go to School DVD

I may be a little late on this for this year's back to school crowd, but my family recently watched LeapFrog's new Let's Go to School DVD, and were delighted by it.

This adorable DVD follows Tad and Lily who are nervous about starting school. So naturally, this being a LeapFrog DVD, a magical firefly gives them a tour of the classroom, which is just as nervous as they are.

My personal favorites were the super anxious chalk. Really funny. There are songs and jokes, and lessons in phonics, letters, and counting. It was really cute.

This DVD is targeted at the 3-6 year old crowd, but all three of my kids (4, 6, and 8) had a good time watching it. In fact, it was my 8-year-old who was the first one to ask for a repeat viewing.


There was a lot of giggling and laughing out loud while they watched this. Also, my kids are generally terrified of everything (and I mean everything) the first time they watch it on TV, and they weren't afraid of this.

Let's just pretend Jack's face isn't covered in ice cream, m'kay?

I definitely think this DVD is going to be a staple in our viewing rotation. I like it because my kids like it, but mostly I love it because of how gentle and sweet it is. There is absolutely nothing objectionable in the DVD, which I appreciate so much.

The DVD is about 35 minutes long, which is perfect for a quick and wholesome diversion.

Honesty Clause: I received a free review copy of Let's Go to School. It sells for $14.98, but you can currently get it on sale at Amazon for $8.49.