Saturday, October 3, 2009

Yummie Tummies

A few weeks ago Tech Savvy Mama invited me to a get together to meet Heather Thomson, creator of Yummie Tummie shapewear, and to eat cupcakes.

Which I thought was really amusing and sort of self defeating, until I got there and there was a sign in front of the cupcakes that said, "No muffin top zone."

Now, I have more to say about Heather and Yummie Tummie, and I'm going to say it after this, but I need to mention right up top that when Yummie Tummie says, "No more muffin tops!" they mean it.

See?


Okay, it's not a great photo and the lighting is bad, but do you see me sporting a muffin top? No. And trust me, I gots me a muffin top.

The cool thing about meeting Heather was that she told us all about how and why she started Yummie Tummies after having kids. She talked about trying all the shapewears that were on the market and not being able to find one that worked, was comfortable, and/or didn't terrify her husband. Finally she took scissors to her discards and cobbled together the beginning of Yummie Tummies.

She came up with shapewear that could be sexy and could not only be used as a foundation garment, but also as clothing in its own right. The Yummie Tummie line ranges from everything from tanks to nursing tees to dress length shapers to lingerie to...you name it.

Yummie Tummie gave me a gift certificate to try their line out for myself. I chose to try the boyfriend tank in a long length. I gotta tell you, I love it. I bought two and I wear one of them most every day. No, they don't eliminate my tummy pooch (sit-ups are going to have to do that), but they do minimize it. And the pooches on the sides (muffin top!) don't show when I'm wearing this.

Another benefit of the long length of the Yummie Tummie is that I can bend over without worrying about exposing my entire ass if my pants choose that moment to not provide, ahem, full coverage. You can wear the long length over your pants, but I choose to tuck it in, for precisely that reason. Plus, when it's tucked into your pants, it's not going to ride up or bunch in the slightest. Trust me.

Yummie Tummies are comfortable and sleek. You can wear them under a thin shirt without it being noticeable (although they're designed to be seen), and in fact, I am more likely to wear it under a thin shirt because my body will look better that way. It also takes the place of the camisole that I used to wear under low cut clothes.

Can you tell I'm a convert? Yummie Tummie products aren't inexpensive, mostly existing in the $60 to $85 range, but I consider it to be a solid investment in a piece of clothing that I will wear over and over again and will make me feel better about myself. You can buy Yummie Tummie is select stores, but if you buy online and spend more than $100, shipping is free.

Honesty Clause: Yummie Tummies gave me a $100 gift certificate to choose what I wanted. I bought two of the long boyfriend tanks that sell for $62 each.

3 comments:

Tech Savvy Mama said...

I'm so glad you came to the Yummie Tummie event and are loving your boyfriend tanks! I got the skinny tanks and love them too!

lisar said...

If she can invent a garment that can do all this, surely she can come up with something that will give me boobs! Please?

Melissa said...

Now I know! And, I need these!