Friday, October 29, 2010

Netflix on the Wii, Part II

I wrote about Netflix streaming through the Wii when it was first announced earlier this year. I have grown to love this service more and more every week. I use it almost daily. At this point, I'm not sure what I would do without it.

All you have to do is have a Netflix account ($8.99 a month) and a Wii. A few quick configurations later, and you're watching one of a huge selection of movies or TV shows straight to your TV.

Previously, Netflix would send you a disc and you would insert it every time you wanted to access movies through the Wii. But now you don't even have to do that! Netflix and Wii have made it so that you can download the Netflix channel for free from the Wii Shop Channel.

Now, you can access your Netflix streaming just by turning on your Wii and choosing the Netflix channel from your home screen. It's awesome. It's possible that it makes me the laziest person on earth that I am so excited about this, but I am. Good times.

Honesty Clause: I pay for Netflix all by myself, but I do have a relationship with Nintendo as a brand enthusiast. But seriously, I use this service all the time.